Thanks to member Aubrie Fennecken for the following first-person recap of our February networking breakfast.
The Consultants, Coffee & Conversation event was a fantastic introduction to the Association of Nonprofit Specialists. As a new member and a new business owner, it is such a treat to meet with other consultants serving nonprofits to exchange ideas, news, and best practices. I was delighted to learn about the resources and opportunities available through the Support Center and get an of-the-moment introduction to Candid (formerly Foundation Center and Guidestar). It was the perfect opportunity to connect with other professionals and discuss the ways we might coordinate to strengthen the nonprofits we support.
I believe a strong community is critical to the success of any business (or field), and I’m thrilled to have found such a community in the Association of Nonprofit Specialists.
A little bit about Aubrie:
- Founded Opportunity Kitchen in June 2018
- Specializes in Promoting Health and Well-Being in Nonprofit Workplaces
- Joined Association of Nonprofit Specialists in July 2018
- Her Top 3 Reasons for Joining:
- I wanted to be connected to a community of fellow-business owners and freelancers who understood the nonprofit field.
- Continuous learning is important to me and the opportunities Nonprofit Specialists offers seemed relevant and engaging.
- Everyone needs mentors and a peer group. Outside of the traditional work environment, these can be hard to find, so I hoped to make these connections through Nonprofit Specialists.
Laurel Molloy, Board Chair, greets the group
Lakimja Mattocks, Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Learning for Support Center, provides updates on Support Center programs
Tracy Kaufman, Community Outreach Manager, Social Sector Outreach, discusses Candid, the newly-announced partnership between Foundation Center and Guidestar