The Nonprofit Consultants Institute is a highly-interactive 2 day educational experience that prepares you for success. You’ll gain concrete tools, practical knowledge and invaluable connections. The Institute educates, inspires and supports you as you make the transition to consulting or grow your existing practice.
“Before I went to the Nonprofit Consultants Institute, I was stumbling around as an independent consultant with no business model, no value proposition, and no real clue about how to structure my practice. The Institute gave me the foundational knowledge, motivation and inspiration to formally develop my business. In the nearly two years since, I’ve developed a business plan, set up an LLC, and I’m ahead of pace to meet my projections. The Institute was the springboard for all of this growth. If I could go back in time to improve my career, the one thing I’d do differently is attend the institute much sooner. Thanks!” – 2016 Attendee
You won’t want to miss this…
The Institute is more than classroom training. You’ll learn from, and interact with, several of the New York region’s leading consultants in the nonprofit sector. They know the nuts and bolts and they also have years of practical experience.
In fact, the presenters and organizers who designed the Institute including Frank Abdale, Maria Baldali and Ben Roman have more than 80 years’ experience combined as executives and consultants in the nonprofit sector.
Interested in a short preview of topics covered during the Institute?
Check out our recent webinar, “Top 3 Secrets of Successful Consultants” >>
Your training benefits include:
• Pre training questionnaire
• Two days of in-person training
• Practical modules on your business plan, marketing, sales, legal and accounting issues
• Step-by-step guide to creating proposals and fee structures
• The secrets to finding and keeping clients
• Direct access to the seasoned practitioners who designed and present the modules
• Personal follow up with an expert
The Institute is for you if you are…
1. Launching a consulting practice for nonprofits
2. An established consultant who wants to build your business
3. Ready to enhance your business skills and connect with a peer network
4. A student of nonprofit management considering consulting as your professional focus
5. Working at an institution that provides management support to nonprofits
“I liked consulting but wasn’t sure I could make a living at it. I really needed to learn how it was done and to meet others who made it work.” – Lupita Gonzalez
Module 1: The Business of Being in Business
• Identify your unique selling proposition (USP)
• Understand the components of a business plan including sales, marketing & evaluation
• Learn about legal, accounting and tax considerations that affect you as a consultant
• Develop skills to manage common challenges of consulting – setting fees, creating contracts and avoiding scope creep
• Discover how to find and keep clients
Module 2: The Art and Craft of Consulting
• Discover the best practices for communicating with clients, working collaboratively and problem solving
• Learn proven methods for establishing and maintaining successful client/consultant engagements
• Receive access to a wealth of resource materials on a wide range of consulting-related issues
• Join an established community of practice
• Help develop a shared code of ethics
• Share you own experiences – triumphs and challenges – in working with nonprofit clients
“I was experienced in my field and working as a consultant. But my education hadn’t taught me about contracting, marketing or running a small business. These were the skills I got from the Institute.” – John Magisano
Why the Institute was established
Consultants to nonprofit groups offer diverse expertise, but may not be prepared for the challenges of establishing and sustaining a successful consulting practice. The Institute provides orientation, guidance and roadmaps to managing a new or established consulting practice as a business.
In addition, many consultants work independently, isolated from peers and colleagues. The quality of their services (and their quality of life) is greatly enhanced by establishing a community of practice with consultants who offer complementary services, and share many of the same professional challenges.
The Association of Nonprofit Specialists offers the Nonprofit Consultants Institute to support nonprofit organizations and the people they serve by helping to create a cadre of well-prepared, well-connected consultants who share the highest professional and ethical standards.
Dates & Location
Thursday May 4th and Friday May 5th, 2017
9:00am – 4:30pm
[ NYC location – TBD ]
Power breakfast and healthy lunch are included in your tuition fee.
Limited enrollment! Hold your seat now by going to our Ticketbud registration page, then be sure to complete the Participant Profile Form.
One price, all inclusive. Your materials, meals and the two-day event are just $435.
Student registration is $235, for currently enrolled students or graduates within the last year.
Special discounts for multiple attendees from a single organization.
Contact email@example.com for more information about discount rates, or to arrange payment by check.
Don’t wait, maximum enrollment is 25.
1. If written (email) notice of cancellation is received at least 7 days in advance (by 5pm on April 25), attendees may receive a full refund;
2. If written (email) notice of cancellation is received at least 3 business days in advance (by 5pm on April 27), refunds will be provided minus a cancellation charge of 15%;
3. No refunds can be issued for cancellations less than 3 business days in advance; however, registrants may send an alternate attendee in their place.
Meet some of our past Institute attendees:
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓