Succession Planning: The Good, the Bad, and the Non-Existent
8:30am – 11:00am
A key staff vacancy has occurred without notice… what now?
Don’t be caught unprepared.
Sharing their own unique experiences with succession planning, our panel of experts will discuss real-world examples of leadership transitions. We’ll examine what worked and didn’t work, and explore how the circumstances of a departure or an organization’s size and structure can influence the process.
Janet Waterston is a human resources and organizational development consultant who has guided many nonprofit and corporate clients through the succession planning process.
John Corwin has served as an interim CEO for numerous organizations during times of transition, and provides consulting services drawing on 40 years of experience in the nonprofit and public sectors.
Antonio Thompson began serving as Executive Director of The Brooklyn Steppers following a sudden change in leadership, and is currently Associate Director of Development at Kingsborough Community College.
Some of the issues we will cover during the panel discussion include:
- What exactly is “Succession Planning”? And how does it differ from “Executive Transition Management” and “Contingency Planning”?
- What are some typical challenges and factors of leadership transitions?
- How does the plan differ depending on the type and size of the organization?
- When is it appropriate to use an interim executive?
- What roles should staff, board members and outside consultants play?
- Are there unique considerations for top level transitions?
- Who should initiate the planning process? Who should implement the plan when the need arises?
Idealist NYC Headquarters
302 5th Avenue, 11 floor
New York, NY 10001
8:30 – 9:00 am: Breakfast & Networking
9:00 – 11:00am: Panel Discussion
Cost: $35 per person
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓