The Association of Nonprofit Specialists is excited to announce our newest benefit for members, the Peer Advising Program. The goal of this program is to assist our members who are entry-level and mid-level consultants to nonprofits with their career advancement and/or their current issues. Senior level consultants will serve as advisors to their earlier career peers.
All participants must be members in good standing to serve either as an advisor or as an advisee.
The program and all matches will be managed by the Association of Nonprofit Specialists Membership Committee.
Guidelines for advisors:
- Interested advisors will complete an online form providing their name, organization, title, email, telephone, areas of expertise, and years of experience
- Suggested minimum experience to be an advisor: 6 years of consulting and/or related experience
- Advisors must agree to hold one meeting with advisees, lasting a minimum of one hour (either in person or by phone). Additional meeting(s) will be at the discretion of advisor.
- Advisors must agree to contact advisees within a reasonable time frame (1 month) to schedule meeting
- Advisors must agree to provide confirmation that the meeting took place, and complete a brief follow-up evaluation questionnaire of the meeting
Guidelines for advisees:
- Those seeking advising will complete an online form providing their name, organization and title, email, telephone, areas of expertise, and years of experience. They will also be required to indicate what issues/topics they would like to discuss.
- Following the meeting, advisees will be required to provide a brief follow-up evaluation of the meeting (by email), indicating whether/how it was beneficial.
- Due to the expected volume of requests, members will be eligible for a single advising arrangement under the guidelines above.
If a matched advisor and advisee are unable to meet, another advisor will be assigned at the discretion of the Membership Committee.
We are currently building our roster of advisors, and accepting requests from potential advisees. Interested? Please complete our online form and tell us about yourself!