Websites That Drive Donations
Presented by Ben Roman
June 3, 2015
Presented in collaboration with The Foundation Center New York
An organization’s website is one of its most powerful tools to connect with supporters and solicit funding. This session reviewed some of the best techniques to create a compelling message and encourage financial support from an online audience. The conversation covered some of the most fundamental components involved in developing an effective website, such as:
- Understanding the importance of using your website to reach donors
- Crafting a compelling call for support
- Engaging individual donors through the site
- Reaching foundations and corporate funders
- Web design tips with best practices to engage donors
- Integrating online giving capability
Top 3 Take-Aways:
1. Create a logical, strategic path for your visitors. Think of your website like a narrative that connects the dots for someone who doesn’t already know what you do (and why it’s so important.)
2. Make it easy, user-friendly, and effective. Getting a visitor’s attention in the first place is hard enough, so don’t inadvertently create roadblocks for them if they want to support you!
3. Track your success. Powerful web traffic analytics tools are available for free, so use them! Keep an eye on what works well (and what doesn’t) to help shape your future efforts.